Sunday, January 8, 2017

now just about gone



The harsh glossy white that painted our walls on Friday
is now just about gone.
Footlong patches of snow take up a meager percentage 
of each yard around us
and remind me I worked 
almost around the clock Friday and Saturday.

I missed out on seeing Knox and Darcy
playing with Micah and Jonathan from across the street.
The crunch crunch of them grazing down the sidewalk 
outside my window.
But I'm not sure I missed all that much. 
I heard Knox's crying afterwards, very shortly after, 
for his hands couldn't handle the cold. 


I would make a guess that by the time a father's oldest reaches age three
things begin to change like rapidfire 

starting with the plans inked all over the calendar on the wall.
We need to prioritize and lay out what can go and what to add

that this one thing is unimportant
and this other thing
well, quite simply just is.

And it becomes increasingly more and more aware to me
that time is a passing thing.
Time is now.
And now is important

for now is just about gone.





No comments: