Tuesday, January 12, 2021

here’s to a year of writing more

I would like to consistently write more this year. My idea is to go on long runs and use my voice memo recorder and just talk out my thoughts while running, going back later to transcribe it, removing the intensifier words like "incredibly", "really", "so", "very". I'm hoping my talking will work in the way my running works, in that I tend to start out not really loving it, and not really wanting to be doing it, and then once I get into mile two I feel loose, in a rhythm, and actually enjoying myself. I'm hoping with my thoughts the same thing might happen ~ I'll start out not knowing what to say but then finding myself getting to a point where my words are just kind of flowing out of me as I start to remember what I’d been pondering that morning.

No comments: