Monday, May 4, 2009

Sam Quinn and Japan Ten

I don't know who of you are fans of the band, The Everybodyfields. They're one of my favorites. If you are a fan, then I'm sure you know by now that Jill Andrews and Sam Quinn are working on separate projects right now. Jill is working on solo stuff and Sam is working on stuff with his trio, Japan Ten.

The Everybodyfields have grown a lot on me in the past few years. Not only do Sam and Jill live in Knoxville, and not only have I gotten a chance to meet Sam at Barley's and talk to him for a little bit (*sigh*, blushed cheeks...i wasn't really that star-struck, except I was), but Sam Quinn's crooning voice just hits really close to home for me.


I love the 1st song they sing a whole lot...without the lyrics and all, it just sounds really melodic to me. I also really like the lyrics in the 2nd song a whole lot:
"Because I did it one time doesn't mean a damn thing to me now.
Every day I'll get it right in the middle of the night.
I'm calling out, 'Who's that in your way now?' "


Here is their song, "Hello":

Sam Quinn + Japan Ten: "Hello" @ Ramseur Records HQ from Ramseur Records on Vimeo.

No comments: