Monday, June 29, 2009

3 A.M. Night Drive



The literature I wrote sorta slipped off my tongue. I was strangely impressed with how it just came out of nowhere. I'm not typically that good of a writer. I think it just happened so easily, because it was completely what was on my mind in that very moment.

Writing:
I can't sleep and likely won't for a while. I'll catch up to it, though. It gives me something to try against, sort of a challenge and all. And I've got a lot of thoughts that run inked down in the late dead of night. It's something about the pace, that there is no pace...you drag your feet or jump around when you're the only one - thumbing through wonder, sorta skipping thoughts, not ever really focused on one, but all in the same, I'm documenting my life, whether it's doing me any good or not. Filming is just one way for my neuroses to manifest themselves.

A sort of deja vu grips me every time I am doing these solo night drives, because I'm the same sort of thinker every time. There's this thread of memory striking me each time at this time behind the wheel and it goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on...

Music:
Riceboy Sleeps - "All the Big Trees"

Film Audio used:
1) Good Will Hunting -

Sean (speaking to Will Hunting): "I can't learn anything from you I can read in some f***ing book. Unless you wanna talk about you, who you are. Then, I'm fascinated. I'm in."

2) Almost Famous -

Penny Lane - "Do you wanna come?"
William Miller - "Yea, yea."
Penny - "You sure?"
William - "Ask me again."
Penny - "Do you wanna come?"
William - "Yes. Yes."
Penny - "You gotta call me."

3) It's a Wonderful Life -

George Bailey and Mary: "Buffalo Gals,
can't you come out tonight?
Can't you come out tonight?
Can't you come out tonight?
Buffalo Gals,
can't you come out tonight?
And dance by the light of the moon."

George: "What is it you want, Mary. What do you want? You, you want the moon?! Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey, that's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary."

Mary: "I'll take it. Then what?"

George: "Well then, you could swallow it, and it'd all dissolve, see? And the moon beams'd shoot
out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair.

No comments: