Saturday, February 3, 2018

Because I'm a Boy

I didn't have any work last Friday and so Andrea took a subbing job at an elementary school in Collierville, leaving me with the kids all day.

I ran an errand to Aldi with K & D. While in the store, I was looking everywhere for this cinnamon hard candy Andrea had gotten recently. At one point, I said to myself, "Man, where is this cinnamon candy? I can't find it anywhere!"

Knox looked up at me from the grocery cart and said very matter-of-factly, "Oh, mom didn't get that at Aldi. She actually got it at Dollar Tree."

I said, "Knox! How in the world do you remember that?"

He just shrugged with a little smile.

Later we got in line and I realized I forgot what K & D call "fizzy drink". It's the cheap version of La Croix. I think it's called La Víe. So I said," Oh shoot, I forgot to get the fizzy drink. Wait a second, I didn't see any. Nevermind. They must be out."

Then Knox said, "No. I saw it. They have some."

Sure enough, I stepped out of line to see if they had it. And yep. There it was.

I was enamored with him. I bent over to him and said, "Knox, how? How do you notice these things!?"

Knox had a very curious look on his face and said, "I don't know! Cos I'm a boy; and girls are good at buying things."

I laughed pretty hard and said, "There is a lot of truth in that."

1 comment:

Mom said...

Haha, Knox!