Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I Can't Sleep Again

I'm spending the night at Austin's house tonight. It's very peaceful here. I can see through the window a road where tumbleweed might pass over with heavy cricket noise.

Austin and I watched Lost earlier tonight with a bunch of people who haven't watched much Lost and therefore don't know what's going on. But really, I have no idea what's going on. I assume I won't know what's going on until the season finale. (If you haven't watched it yet... don't keep reading). The "hole in the wall" temple and the pirate-looking people and the hippie who resembles John Lennon (not at all actually) were really stupid-looking to me. It was hard for me to get past that Asian pirate who likes to grow Basil. Don't get me wrong. I still love Lost. I want the crew to all be back together again. Is that too much to ask for? I want Desmond and Charlie to be central characters again!

Austin and I also watched The Graduate earlier tonight. Dustin Hoffman's expressions are priceless. I couldn't stop laughing in certain scenes. My favorite scene in the whole movie is when Benjamin (Hoffman) is telling his dad, Mr. Braddock, that he wants to marry Elaine.

Mr. Braddock: Don't you think that idea is a little half-baked?
Benjamin: Oh no, Dad, it's completely baked.

I talked to my mom earlier this week about taking money out of my savings for a new camera. I can't stress to you how excited this makes me.

1 comment:

lizaloo said...

1. agreed about lost. i will stay true until the end, but i didn't feel satisfied when it was over.
2. i get to watch the graduate in my american film class. i'm excited because i've never seen it!
3. um...awesome about getting a new camera.