Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Technology

I just prayed probably my favorite prayer I've ever prayed. Not really, but it's up there.

I just prayed that God would get rid of the internet, cell phones, and T.V.

I realize there is certain technology we need. Doctors would be screwed without certain technology. I know they need Defibrillators (yes I know what this is...thank you Life Guard Training!). But do they need internet and cell phones? I think I can argue that they absolutely do not.

My brother and I were talking about cell phones a few weeks ago. Ben was saying how much he wishes he didn't NEED a cell phone. Ben wishes he could just have a landline and people call him that way. Apparently, Bill Murray doesn't have a cell phone. He becomes cooler every day, am I not right?

I think I hate that I wrote that note on Facebook a month ago, beckoning blog friends to write more. Well, maybe you are just a better person than I am and you actually write in a moleskine. God bless your amazing soul!

Where would I be without technology? I don't want to sound discontent with my life (like some sort of pessimistic Peggy Sue)... but I think I'd be much happier. I would probably feel much more whole. I think we'd be so much closer to everyone we know. I think I would understand all of the 30 second encounters with random acquaintances I make every day. I think most of us feel like we are keeping in touch with every one around us better with Facebook.... but I argue we would keep in touch so much better without Facebook. I'm not trying to start a revolution, I'm just speaking for myself I guess.